ASF File Explorer released151 comments Posted by: Laura
ASF File Explorer is a file manager to browse, add, and remove directories and files from a specific server location.
- Browse directory trees in an intuitive tree interface
- Create folders
- Rename folders
- Delete folders
- View all files in currently selected directory with file type icons, size and last modified information
- Delete files
- Upload files to currently selected directory
- Limit file extensions from configuration file
- Upload file with progress bar to indicate bytes uploaded
- Upload multiple files at once
- Download and save a file
- Rename files
- Browse an FTP server
- Can be extended to use other component that implements the same file/directory functions (getDirectories, getFiles, renameFolder, etc)
It was built using CFForms and Flash remoting. My favourite feature is the multiple file upload, for which we have made an update to the file upload swf . The next step is to upgrade our flashupload custom tag to allow for multiple files.
We do not have a live demo running, but you can see a movie that shows most of the features. You can download it, see more screenshots and view more information in the project page:
FTP is not very reliable and it has not been tested much. I got it to work on my server but not in my local CF installation and I didn’t have the time to look into it much.
We hope you find a use for it, and that you like it so much that you’ll be inspired to get us something from our Amazon wish list ;)Category: CFForm | ColdFusion | Flash Remoting |